Facebook Click here to find out more!

DEAD BATTERY-2007

Item Posts    Sort Order

DEAD BATTERY-2007

vendo44 vendo44
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 01/18/09
07:52 PM

Car has been in storage for a couple of months.  Went to start up the car and found the battery was completely dead.  No power to the car at all.  Went to jump the car, but only clicking noise occurred.  I seemed to have lots of power for interior lighting, stereo, headlights etc, but she would not crank at all.  Any suggestions.  

waynep712 waynep712
User | Posts: 77 | Joined: 10/08
Posted: 01/20/09
02:28 PM

totally discharged batterys need to be slow charged...   half an amp at about 16 or 17 volts.... this will sometimes save them.. if they have been dead less than a few weeks...

examine the ends of the battery...  if they are swollen .. replace it.. it has sulfated..

trying to boost start an 88 or newer car with a totally dead battery may ruin your alternator if you get the car started...  the charge circuits in the alternator will cause the  alternator to put out and put out current until the diodes fail, or are damaged...

there are a lot of things that say on in new cars...   taking small amounts of current out of the battery.. keep alive memorys on various things...   got a built in cell phone that might have been left on..??    does onstar stay on...  

redroadster2007 redroadster2007
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 02/09
Posted: 02/14/09
01:09 AM

I had the same problem.  I bought a Battery Tender and used it.  It charged the battery, slowly, (about 24 hours) and when the light on the Tender turned GREEN I started the car.  Then I did the window indexing and all is well. I use the Battery Tender whenever the Corvette is parked in the garage. Hope this helps.  

vendo44 vendo44
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 08/08
Posted: 03/03/09
05:03 PM

Thanks-- I went ahead and also purchased a similar charger.  It solved the problem.  What is "window indexing"?  

dcboyle dcboyle
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/10
Posted: 07/21/10
05:42 PM

I have an 2005 vettte,it stalled completley at a red light shut down everything almost as if I hit the shut off switch,it started back up again but it was a scarry feeling any one out there have this  issue ,dealer ran diagnositics all ok no fault codes whatsoever?  

2011GS 2011GS
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/05/11
08:57 PM

Window indexing is for the rag tops as far I know.  Windows will drop down about 1/4 inch to open and close the door.  My convertible does it...can't speak for the coupes.