Facebook Click here to find out more!

1987 wire harness

Item Posts    Sort Order

1987 wire harness

gomarine1 gomarine1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/08/09
08:24 PM

Does anyone know where I would be able to find a engine wire harness for 1987 c4? I cant seem to find anyone who has them?  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Guru | Posts: 1114 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 09/09/09
12:35 PM

just curious.... which part of the harness do you want...

there are at least 3 major sections...

the Fuel injection harness that plugs into the ecm...

the engine harness that controls various things around the engine compartment..

like the starter and hei wiring... cooling fans...

and then there is the lamp harness...  for the head lights turn signal lights...

there are a lot of corvette junk yards around...   there is a problem.. to aiming you in the right direction...   where on the planet are you????

there is one thing...   i hope that you know.. that almost every connector is available as a pig tail... so you can repair your existing harness..

i would say ***  

gomarine1 gomarine1
New User | Posts: 2 | Joined: 09/09
Posted: 09/09/09
06:49 PM

well i'm looking for all of them I would like to say if I could repair the harness that cought on fire I would but their a bit crispy well the part of the planet I am on is a little town called california and yes ive been to every junk yard around and guess what no c4 corvettes happen to be just sitting around waiting for me to rape of parts so thats why I am asking if someone happens to manufacture engine wire harness? Ive already found the ABS wire harness so i'm good on that thanks  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Guru | Posts: 1114 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 09/10/09
12:34 AM

check your private messages     just to the left of where you log out at..

there is a guy in the san fernando valley that has a bunch of vette parts...

there are a whole bunch of vette restoration parts suppliers... i don't have all their catalogs downloaded... so its a little hard to look things up...  i do my best to help people all over these forums...  

Dads87vette Dads87vette
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 06/13
Posted: 06/01/13
05:13 PM

I'd like to see the cooling fan wiring harness diagram if anyone can help. An exploded picture would be great  
Dads87vette

waynep712222 waynep712222
User | Posts: 129 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 06/01/13
06:59 PM

lets take a look at this that i edited for clarity...

L98 Component Locator

the passenger side gets the temp sender for the cluster. with a flat 1/4" push on connector..

the drivers side gets the fan switch.. but thats an OVERRIDE switch...  so when the engine gets TOO HOT.. both cooling fans come on....

notice the front of the intake with the engine coolant temp sensor in the front of the intake manifold.. is an SU102 kit..   it has 2 wires on it..

the coolant temp sensor  returns voltage from the 5 volts sent to it by the ecm to the ECM.. changes in coolant temp change the resistance and the voltage returned to the computer..

84 89 C4 Corvette Radiatorfanwiring