Facebook Click here to find out more!

My crossfire is gone!

Item Posts    Sort Order

My crossfire is gone!

corvettegirl92061 corvettegirl92061
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/11
Posted: 04/26/11
06:46 PM

I just completed a modification to my 1984. My computer died and after a few attempts with a refurbished computer/card, I deceided to let my son give it a try to change it to run with a carb. I am so happy today.........I can now drive my car with out the worry of calling Haggerty for a tow!  
The parts used were: summitt racing performance intake manifold, 500 cfm carb, tall valve vette covers, ngk spark plugs, ngk spark plug wires,msd distributor, msd rotor cap, fuel pressure regulator, throttle/trans cable,misc small parts,small air cleaner.I have a pic of the completed project. Smile  

waynep7122 waynep7122
Guru | Posts: 1114 | Joined: 08/09
Posted: 04/26/11
08:32 PM

well congratulations...  

one thing...   don't throw out any parts...   there are hundreds of cross fire owners who need them...   don't forget.. crossfire were used on camaros and firebirds (82, 83, 84) also.. only they got a 305 version.. you got the 350 sized version.. which many of them will want..

82 corvette cross fire owners may also want the parts like the computer and harness as they can up grade their cars to the newer and better 84 unit..

you can post pictures to photobucket.   and post them here or in the readers rides section off the front page of this site..  

maddriver21 maddriver21
New User | Posts: 24 | Joined: 01/10
Posted: 08/15/11
10:42 PM

Congratulations on getting your '84 Corvette working and driving!!! I'm currently working on mine  Confused   Crazy  Cool Which almost done but got left are the wiring repairs thanks to previous owner leaving outside  on public parking lot and unlocked...  

Gearwich Gearwich
New User | Posts: 4 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/21/13
04:33 PM

Nice to hear someone enjoying.  I got rid of my whole motor. Went with a 383 stroker. Its been exhausting, but the last thing i have left is the fpr. Then its goinh from stock to a 545+hp motor. I was told getting rid of the emissions crap and going to carb is a totally diferant driving experiance. Do youfeel the driving and hp diff.?
Laugh