Facebook Click here to find out more!

Cold Air Intake Advice

Item Posts    Sort Order

Cold Air Intake Advice

2011GS 2011GS
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 08/11
Posted: 08/05/11
08:51 PM

I am in the market for a Cold Air Intake for my 2011 Grand Sport.  K & N, SLP and Airaid come to mind.  Which one do you guys feel is the best?  Thanks in advance for the advice.  

harvey2 harvey2
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 02/18/13
04:19 PM

calloway on my 2011 GS what a difference  

Bobs427 Bobs427
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 02/20/13
05:38 AM

We ran my brother's 2002 Z06 without a cold air box. Then installed a K&N and we went 5 MPH faster. Didn't change a thing other than the K&N. This was at Daytona in a club my brother belongs to. We did set the car to the video suppied with the car. The top speed proved that cold air boxes work.
  These were all corrected speeds. I drove it from 164 MPH to a corrected top speed of 171, that was really humping. We ran that car hard that whole day, and it loved it.
  I'm sure you will get as many different opinions on what cold air box to use. We didn't have any other boxes to experiment with. Look for a box that will give you nice air flow into the TPI or whatever plenum you have. I found there is NO substitute for a cold air box....As far as minor induction mods that can be made....

Bob Aka-pepsi1  

harvey2 harvey2
New User | Posts: 3 | Joined: 12/12
Posted: 03/14/13
05:12 PM

i got a calloway cold air induction quicker and better gas milage  

Bobs427 Bobs427
New User | Posts: 8 | Joined: 02/13
Posted: 03/15/13
07:20 AM

harvey2

You know after driving his Vette, like that its such a tough situation. To have something that feels so good at your foot. You can't drive a car to figure out the gas mileage...LOL... We Owe it all to Todays technology. The engines (When set-up) are so superior as to anything back in my day. "I must add my brother is 10 years younger then me". I helped him get his first car. 1970 Boss 302 Mustang. He didn't want to drive his Vette any higher then 100MPH. The club guru flagged me in a couple times to go in and talk to him.
  The money it cast to rent Daytona for a day even with the members they have, he wasn't going to slow me down.
  It's really not easy to sit in the Co-Pilot's seat while someone else has any car at a high rate of speed...LOL...Have a good one...

Bob aka-pepsi1  

corvettemods corvettemods
New User | Posts: 5 | Joined: 10/11
Posted: 01/11/14
12:13 PM

A true cold air will get the air from in front of the radiator. If it sits open in the engine bay then no real gains will be seen

http://www.corvettemods.com/C6-Corvette-2005-2013_c_139.html