Facebook Click here to find out more!

1988 corvette LCD cluster problem

Item Posts    Sort Order

1988 corvette LCD cluster problem

jimb71446 jimb71446
New User | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/12
Posted: 08/30/12
10:29 AM

I have a 1988 corvette getting draw off lcd kills battery in 4 days unplug LCD cluster and draw goes away sent cluster got it back now noise when plugged in and more draw.any ideas. Confused  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 181 | Joined: 04/12
01:34 PM

yea... lets see what's hooked up to the digital dash...

is there only ONE connector or more... its been a long time since i had one out... this is the one that i found the connector pin out for...

C4cluster 32Pin  

waynep71222 waynep71222
User | Posts: 181 | Joined: 04/12
01:51 PM

thats going to be a HARD one to figure out...

if you have a DIGITAL VOLT METER...   this is a low amp current probe....

Lowampcurrentprobe

you can plug this in to your digital volt meter.. set the meter to 20 VOLT DC Scale..   clip the loop of the low amp current probe around various wires to see how much current is running through them.....  this has a max amps around 40 amps.. and will read milliamps... so its PERFECT...

AESwave dot com sells these for i think 90 bucks..877 three hundred fifty one 9573.  but you can also get them from ATD tool flyer for about 140 bucks... the ATD tool flyer is usually floating around most of the parts stores but behind the counter..

this is not the AC amp clamp they sell in hardware and home centers.. this is an automotive tool....

sorry its so much money.. but you can find parasitic draws in MINUTES instead of HOURS.. and not have to disconnect a single wire to find them...  

the most you might have to do is to get access to them...    start at the fusible links near the battery.. see which one has the most current in it...